Four Points Dental Provides Dental Implants in Austin, TX
Are you missing one or more teeth? If you want a complete smile once again, Four Points Dental can help you. Our dentists are proud to offer dental implants and implant crowns. What are some of the top reasons why dental implants might be the best treatment option for you? Schedule a consultation with one of our dentists, and learn more about dental implants below.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants consist of multiple components that come together to replace one or more of your missing teeth. These components include:
- A metal screw that is implanted into your jaw
- An abutment that goes on top of the screw and connects the implant to the crown
- A crown that goes on top of the abutment and replaces your tooth
When you come for your visit, we will show you exactly how the implant works.
How Does the Placement Procedure Work?
If you are interested in a dental implant, we need to make sure you are a candidate. Your jaw has to be healthy enough to accept a dental implant. We will perform x-rays to make sure there is enough bony tissue present to support a screw. If the jaw is a bit light on bone density, we might be able to perform a bone graft to strengthen your jaw.
When it is time for the procedure, we will use anesthesia to keep you comfortable. We will make a small incision in your jaw, and we will anchor the screw to your jawbone. Then, we will close the incision and give your mouth time to heal.
Once we are confident that your jaw has healed completely, we will attach a porcelain crown to the abutment and screw. We will customize the crown to match your surrounding teeth. We even offer professional teeth whitening services if you want to get your teeth as wide as possible before the crown is placed.
What Are the Top Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are several advantages of dental implants. Some of the biggest benefits include:
- Dental implants are designed to be a permanent replacement. If you take care of them, they can last for decades.
- Dental implants function just like your surrounding, natural teeth. You can eat a regular diet.
- The screw will stimulate your jaw, preventing your jawbone from being resorbed.
- Dental implants will blend in with the rest of your teeth. It will be difficult for anyone to tell that you have an implant in your mouth.
Are you a candidate for dental implants? Let our dentists help you find the best treatment option.
Let Four Points Dental Evaluate Your Candidacy for Dental Implants in Austin, TX
Dental implants could be the best way for you to replace one or more missing teeth. At Four Points Dental, we are proud to offer dental implants in Austin, Texas. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment, and let us see if you are a candidate.