How Can Dental Bridges From Four Points Dental in Austin Help You?
Dental bridges can be used to bridge the gap between two teeth. If you have missing teeth, we can use a dental bridge to fill that space. That way, it looks like all of your teeth are healthy. At Four Points Dental, we have several treatment options that can help you replace missing teeth. Discover if you are a candidate for dental bridges by scheduling an appointment with our office.
What Are the Types of Dental Bridges?
Our office offers multiple types of dental bridges in Austin, Texas. The bridge that we suggest for you will depend on your specific situation. Each bridge has its benefits. Some of our options include:
- A Traditional Bridge: A traditional dental bridge involves two crowns placed on either side of the missing tooth. Then, there will be a pontic between the dental crowns. Usually, there is a porcelain crown fused to the bridge using ceramic or metal.
- A Cantilever Bridge: If there is only one tooth available to anchor the bridge, we can use a cantilever bridge instead. Because there is only one tooth anchoring the bridge, it is not as strong as the other options. That is why we recommend it if there is no other option.
- A Maryland Bridge: One of the simplest types of bridges is called a Maryland bridge. It is also called a resin bridge. This bridge is typically a porcelain crown bonded to the surrounding teeth using resin on the back. We may also add metal wings to the bridge to increase the strength of the bond.
We will work with you closely to figure out which bridge is right for your needs.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
The primary benefits of dental bridges include:
- Restore Your Smile: If you want to restore your smile, a dental bridge can help you. When you look in the mirror and see all of your teeth once again, your confidence and self-esteem may increase.
- Easier To Chew: Another important benefit is that you will have an easier time eating and chewing. With a strong dental bridge in place, you can enjoy a regular diet once again.
- Easier To Speak: Do you have pronunciation difficulties with certain words? When all of your teeth are intact with a dental bridge, you will have an easier time communicating.
- Prevent Tooth Movement: Often, we use a dental bridge to keep the other teeth in place. That way, we can keep the gap open before placing a dental implant down the road.
Discover all of the benefits of dental bridges with the help of Four Points Dental.
Contact Four Points Dental To Learn More About Dental Bridges in Austin, TX
A dental bridge can be an effective option that can help you restore your smile. If you are interested in dental bridges in Austin, Texas, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Let Four Points Dental help you.