Dental Fillings at Four Points Dental in Austin, TX
Are you worried that you might have cavities? If so, Four Points Dental in Austin, TX is here to help you. We have a team of talented dentists who can treat cavities with durable, long-lasting, fillings that can protect your teeth and reduce your chances of requiring a tooth extraction.
Learn more about our dental fillings below, and reach out to us to speak to a member of our team.
The Signs You Might Have Cavities
It is not unusual for someone to have cavities and not even realize it. The sooner you notice you have cavities, the faster we can start the treatment process. This can make a significant difference in your prognosis. That is why you need to be familiar with some of the most common symptoms of cavities.
Some of the most common symptoms you need to know about include:
- You might have a toothache in your mouth. You might even develop tooth pain without any obvious cause.
- You may feel like you have shocks that travel throughout your mouth when you bite into something hot or cold.
- When you brush your teeth, you might notice black spots and visible holes on the surface.
- You may notice that the pain in your mouth gets worse when you bite down on something.
If you notice these symptoms, you need to call our office as quickly as possible. That way, we can figure out the cause. You might have a cavity that needs to be filled.
How Dental Fillings at Four Points Dental Work
If you need a dental filling, there are several steps we follow. They include:
- We will always conduct a complete physical exam and take an x-ray to make sure we do not miss anything.
- To keep you as comfortable as possible, we will use a local anesthetic to numb the area around your tooth.
- Once we have confirmed that you cannot feel anything, we will remove all of the decayed material.
- To prepare your mouth for the filling, we will sterilize the area to reduce the chances of an infection developing.
- We will use the necessary material to ensure we fill any holes completely.
- Finally, we will polish the tooth and ensure that your bite is appropriate.
We will use a light to cure the material before we finish.
Contact Four Points Dental for Help With Dental Fillings in Austin, TX
You need to treat cavities as quickly as possible to prevent them from getting worse. If you delay cavity treatment, your oral tooth decay could worsen. Then, we might not be able to treat your cavities with dental fillings.
At Four Points Dental, we have a proven process that will keep you as comfortable as possible as we treat all of your cavities appropriately. We will answer all questions you have ahead of time, so contact us today to schedule an appointment for dental fillings in Austin, Texas.