Regular Dental Cleanings, Exams, and X-Rays From Four Points Dental in Austin, TX
Too often, people feel like they don’t have to go to the dentist until there is a problem. In reality, that is not the case. You should go to the dentist at least twice per year for regular cleanings. At Four Points Dental, our dentists can provide you with regular cleanings, exams, and x-rays.
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning?
When you visit Four Points Dental for a dental cleaning, our dentists will follow several steps. They include:
- A dental hygienist from our team will remove plaque and tartar from your mouth. We will use a scaler and mirror to ensure we remove plaque and tartar from your gum line.
- We will also use a special toothpaste to remove anything that might be left behind.
- An expert member of our team will also floss your teeth for you, ensuring that we get in between your teeth and remove debris that you might have otherwise overlooked.
- After your mouth has been thoroughly rinsed, a dentist from Four Points Dental will conduct a complete examination. We will look for any signs of cavities, gingivitis, or any other oral health issue.
We will also apply for a ride to your teeth to reduce your chances of developing cavities down the road.
Why Is a Dental Cleaning Important?
There are several reasons why a routine dental cleaning in Austin, Texas is so important. They include:
- There might be problems with your mouth that you might not have noticed.
- Regular cleanings are important for teaching you healthy habits that can prevent oral health issues from happening down the road.
- The sooner we diagnose potential oral health issues, the sooner we can treat them. This can make a significant difference in your prognosis.
At Four Points Dental, we would love to help you and your family take care of your oral health. Rely on our team to assist you.
Why Are X-Rays Needed?
There are also some situations where we will recommend dental x-rays. In general, x-rays are needed once per year. Therefore, there are some visits where we will recommend x-rays and other visits where we might not.
We use x-rays to take a look at what is happening underneath the surface. For example, there might be alignment issues with your teeth that we need to address, or there could be problems with your roots we need to treat. We will take x-rays from multiple angles to ensure we do not miss anything. If you have questions about dental x-rays, reach out to our team today.
Call Four Points Dental Today To Make an Appointment for Your Next Cleaning in Austin, TX
If it is time for your next dental appointment, we are here to help you. At Four Points Dental, we will provide you with the dental care you deserve, and we can make sure your teeth are healthy. Contact us today to make an appointment, and let us help you take care of your teeth!